Magíster in Engenieering Sciences, Electrical Mention.
Master of Science in Engineering,
Accredited for 7 years, from April 2016 to April 2023, by teh Accrediting Agency "Acredita CI"
- 300 UF (Complete Program).
- 2019 Tuition Value: $139.200.
INTERNAL REGULATION OF THE MAGISTER
GENERAL REGULATIONS OF THE MAGISTER
+562 2 978 42 07 | 1st Floor
- From October 1st to November 15th 2021 to enter the first semester, March 2022.
(Upload all required background information, including letters of recomendation in this period).
INFORMATIVE OF APPLICATIONS
The Master of Science in Engineering, Electrical mention, from the University of Chile aims to provide training in advanced engineering sciences and modern technologies that enable its graduates to tackle complex problems in a systematic and creative way.
In this way they will be able to make innovative contributions in scientific and technological fields in the discipline of Electrical Engineering.
- Create a solid theoretical and technical training in advanced topics of electrical engineering.
- Work on the frontier of knowledge.
- Develop research skills.
DESCRIPCTION OF THE GRADUATION PROFILE
Graduates of the Master of Science in Engineering, electrical mention, are people who demonstrate originality in the application of knowledge through the approach and resolution of problems in the field of Electrical Engineering.
Graduates are prepared to participate in research and innovation groups and technological development in the industry of the area, as well as carry out academic work in teaching and research in specialized institutes and universities.
Graduate students are also able to pursue doctoral studies both nationally and internationally.
The Study Plan of the Master's Program in Engineering Sciences, Electrical Engineering Mention, includes compulsory and elective subjects taught by the Electrical Engineering Department, and the preparation of a graduate thesis. To obtain the degree, the student must pass 40 DUs of required courses and 100 DUs of 7000 level elective courses, which may include up to 35 DUs of 6000 level courses.
The master's thesis consists of conducting relevant research in the field of Electrical Engineering. This may be part of a larger project being carried out in the Department or it may constitute an independent investigation. In both cases, it is carried out under the direction of a guide professor and the subject must be approved by the Departmental Master's Committee and the Graduate School of the Faculty.
The Master's program Curriculum requires the approval of 100 units of elective courses. The Department offers a wide range of courses in the different areas of Electrical Engineering that serve this purpose.
The courses eligible as electives are those in the 6000 and 7000 categories. The full list of these courses is updated each semester. In the final count of credits of the program, a maximum of 35 UD of 6000 level courses will be recognized.
Students will be able to validate courses equivalent to level 6000 or 7000 from other departments or Universities with which there are agreements on this matter. For this, the student must request prior authorization from the Graduate Committee.
Be in possession of the degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Electrical mention, awarded by the University of Chile or another university, or a degree or equivalent training degree that ensures satisfactory prior training for the purposes and requirements of the program.
For this process, the following documentation must be attached (in digital form):
- Certificate of university degree or degree (bachelor's degree).
- Certificate of grades from undergraduate studies with relative position (original or legalized photocopy).
- Certificate of relative position in its generation.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Program of relevant undergraduate courses for the evaluation of the level of training, according to the requirements of the program to which you are applying.
Students of the Faculty of Physical Sciences and Mathematics do not need to present this documentation.
- Updated BIA (only U. de Chile students).
- Motivation letter to enter the program.
- Two letters of recommendation (In the format required by the program, downloadable document in the link below).
- The original documents must be presented to the Graduate School at the time of enrollment.